Heroes of Newerth officially closes its servers
Today, June 20, the Heroes of Newerth game servers, once the main rival of Dota 2 in the MOBA-game genre, will be officially closed. Information about the game's closure appeared 6 months ago.
Heroes of Newerth was released in May 2010, about a year before the release of Dota 2. Many currently famous Esportsmen started their careers with HON:
- 🇮🇱Tal "Fly" Aizik;
- 🇩🇰Johan "N0tail" Sundstein;
- 🇷🇺Nikita "Daxak" Kuzmin;
- 🇩🇪Maurice "KheZu" Gutmann;
- 🇸🇪Rasmus "Chessie" Blomdin;
- 🇸🇪Linus "Limmp" Blomdin;
- 🇸🇪Simon "Handsken" Haag;
- 🇸🇪Jonas "jonassomfan" Lindholm;
- 🇷🇺Zaur "Cooman" Shakhmurzaev;
- 🇫🇮Jesse "JerAx" Vainikka;
- 🇸🇪Aydin "iNSaNiA" Sarkohi;
- and many others.
At the end of 2021, S2 Games, the developer of HON, announced that it withdrew support for the game. From December 20 to February 19, the game held a farewell event, and from January 1, 2022, users couldn't create new accounts.